Thursday, April 30, 2009

This looks more like it



Flying over the Sea of Cortez at last! The visibility is extraordinary, and we can pick out all sorts of landmarks: San Carlos and the Tetas de Cabra, Isla Carmen, Loreto, La Paz. We are thrilled, and hop from side to side in the plane, to see what we can see.

I crack open my fortune cookie from the Chinese restaurant where we ate yesterday and draw out two fortunes:

Now is a good time for you to explore. Take a vacation.
and
A bold and dashing adventure is in your future within the year.

Marike laughs at me when I tape these messages into my journal. You like those fortunes, she says.

Of course, I say; they tell me what I've already decided to do, so I like them!

She laughs and tells me to write all of this down, so I do.

Marike's fortune isn't nearly so interesting:
Tomorrow will be a productive day. Don't oversleep.

But maybe they all amount to the same thing.
Carpe diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment